The Serre Chevalier ski area is 25 km from La Grave. It extends to Briançon
Essentially oriented north, its highest point is the summit of L’Yret (2830 m).
We ski here on a medium mountain terrain, with, in the sub alpine floor, magnificent forests of Mélèzes.
The most runs I ski here are located in Monetier les Bains ski area
- From top of Yret, the classical but very nice run of Montagnole
- Slopes and forest starting from Cibouit
- Runs of vallon des Corneilles
- Runs of Tête du Grand Pré
But I like coming here for backcountry skiing
We can ski here major routes such as:
- Dômes de Mônetier traverse
- Ski down Combe du Riou
Both routes start from the summit of the Yret chairlift.
The objective is to join Lake Eychauda, then to go up the Séguret Foran glacier.
We then reach the Pic de Dormillouse, starting point common to both descents.
I also very often practice a more affordable ski in the beautiful valley of Combes and the
Ideal place to discover ski touring and spend a day in the mountains.
From the top of the Eychauda, accessible by ski lift, offers us a protected off-piste area, where the snow is often well protected from winds and warming.
- We can ski up and down Fond de Closis,
- Ski up to Col de la Trancoulette and to Croix d’Aquila
The + :
The proximity of La Grave
The larch forest
The exceptional free rando, and the hiker package.
The – :
An area quickly tracked
A mountain exposed to the north wind